Friday, March 8, 2019

Quilting Buddies

I had some bad news yesterday when a friend shared that their beloved dog had been released from its pain.  My heart aches for the family.  Last year, another dear friend had to let their precious fur child go and, again, I suffered with them.
If you are fortunate enough to share your life with a fur or feathered child, you know the day will come when you will have to go on without them.  It is heart wrenching.
Our pets often share our quilting experience with us.  My late and much loved cat loved to sleep near me as I quilted.  Heidi does the same and often will ask to be on the sewing table where she looks out the window while I try not to catch her tail under the machine.  Of course, she takes up too much room and, of course, I should have her stay on the floor but I can't deny those big brown eyes.
Many of you have had your felines make their bed on your quilt while you try to do the top stitching or scatter the fabric you had carefully organized a minute previously.
I would bet that you have made special quilts, clothing and toys for your dear companion and why would you not.  These four legged buddies bring us joy, comfort and friendship.  They never criticize our colour choices or turn up noses at points that don't match or wavy borders.  When we despair over completing a project, they are there to encourage.  When we have been sitting longer than is good for our health they get us to stand up and stretch while letting them out, taking them for a walk or rubbing a soft tummy.
My Heidi adds more to my life than I can ever explain and I expect you have the same relationship with your pet.

Thank you to the many who are expressing interest in my quilt along.   Don't forget to put your clocks ahead this weekend and then enjoy the extra daylight at the end of the day.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Please add me to you quilt along. We lost our dog that had made her home with us for twelve years, in the all of 2017. But today we are enjoying a new companion, five years old, that we found in the summer of 2018. Our old cat, 10 years, and new dog are settling in very well and helping us to enjoy life more.Enjoy the sun we are finally having.

    ReplyDelete