Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Flowers and Fund Raisers.

Our weather continues to yoyo.  Saturday was nice but it changed around midnight. Sunday brought snow, rain, freezing rain and wind so our church service was cancelled and then the Monday quilt group suffered the same fate.  Today it is lovely.  Tomorrow is our Art Centre meeting and I told my husband that I am going even if I have to walk.
I did finish a customer's quilt and am just getting it ready for the binding now.  My income tax is finished and sent and I am now updating a client's web site.  I haven't really felt a lot like quilting although I have got bits and pieces done.

 I have been trying to get this Amaryllis to bloom for two years and this year it rewarded my patience.  I don't have a great deal of success with most indoor plants other than African Violets and Christmas Cactus so it is a treat to see this in bloom.
The centre of this quilt was donated to our group by a lady.  We added the applique border and finished it.  It is being given to a local agency as a fund raiser.  The picture doesn't really do it justice.  We hope that it helps to raise a lot of money.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Love the amaryllis and the quilt. Why is it that applique makes a quilt look so lovely, when I don't have the patience to add applique?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually either, Mary. This was done by a lady in the group who is really good at it.

      Delete