Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Thread Woes

I hope all my Canadian followers had a great Thanksgiving.  We spent some time with family enjoying a good meal and visit.  There was a lot of traffic in both directions with some drivers more interested in their cell phones than either their safety or scenery.  It boggles me that a person thinks they can safely drive at 100 km with one hand on the wheel and their eyes looking at an electronic device.  In the meantime, all those around them are watching as they weave from side to side in their lane.  Just plain stupid.
It has been unseasonable warm today with the thermometer reaching the low 30's.  I went for a walk through the bush with the dog and then sat outside with hubby while enjoying  a mug of tea.  It is going to stay warm tomorrow and then drop to seasonal.  I am glad I have a couple more days before I need to get out my fall/winter clothing.  I also need to plant some spring flowering bulbs, clean the garden beds and put away all the lawn ornaments.  It is all going to have to wait until the weekend though as I am too busy right now.
I finished quilting the top today that was on the frame.  I had problem with thread breaking for a while which slowed me down.  I did the usual: changed needle, adjusted tension. oiled the machine all without any improvement.  I was using a good quality Egyptian thread so was sure it wasn't that but finally changed it anyway.  The closest colour to what I was using was in Aurifil and that made the difference.  I was able to finish the quilt without further problem.
I had used the other thread numerous times before so not sure why it was being difficult this time.
I have a craft sale early next month so am going to make a couple of baby quilts for that and then back to customer quilts.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes if you turn the eye of the needle just a wee bit to the left of center it can help with that. Also, it could be that you got to a rotten piece in the thread - not sure if that can happen, but everything else can so why not that!! Glad you were able to get the quilt finished. Not knowing your machine brand or the thread you were having problems with, I'm as puzzled as you, but would love to really know why this happened! So frustrating to have that occur.

    ReplyDelete