Friday, October 5, 2018

More Undone that Done

Today was more 'undone' than 'done' .  I did a few rows on the top I just finished and then decided I didn't like it.  The whole thing is off the frame now and I will unpick while watching television tonight.  This is for a customer who also happens to be a dear friend so I want it to be as perfect as it is humanly possible. I removed it for a second reason: I need to reposition it on the frame.  It was too far to one side so I wasn't able to quilt right to the edge.  Once it is reloaded, I should be able to finish the quilting fairly quickly.
Having to redo everything is a bit annoying as I was hoping to be able to start laying out the blocks for the next quilt in between doing the stitching on the other.  I like to be working on two at the same time as I get a break from either just quilting or just piecing.

I have been looking at you tube videos for making braided rugs using a toothbrush handle.  I think I may do one for the floor near on end of the couch.  Heidi has trouble getting traction on the hardwood floors so a little rug may help her to get onto the couch.  It will also be a nice take along project.

Hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving if you are in Canada.  I believe Monday is Columbus day in the U.S.  Even if it isn't a holiday weekend for you, enjoy.
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment