Friday, October 12, 2018

Kudos to Walmart.

Reply to Farm Quilter:  Thanks for the comment.  My machine is a Q'Nique and it usually hums along without any diva like behaviour.  A friend mentioned that it might have been the humidity as she sometimes finds that causes thread problems.  She may be right because I have used that thread without problem before.


Well, I certainly have neglected my blog this week.  I have been doing a lot of quilting though.  I have a good start on my next customers quilt as well as for this month's Island Batik project and a baby blanket for a craft sale in Nov.  And yes, I am doing them all at the same time.
I had to go tour nearest town today for a doctor's appointment and after that, did some shopping.  I had ordered a Fitbit which arrived earlier in the week and I couldn't get it to connect with my phone.  I thought I might need a new one so went to that department at Walmart.  The wonderful lady there not only told me that my phone was fine, she set it up so I could use it.  She spent quite some time because their internet was working properly.  While I waited, I noticed my wallet was missing. A quick search in the car didn't have a happy result.  I told the employee that I thought someone had lifted it from my purse and she called security.  They asked what areas of the store I had been in and went to look at the video footage.  I had been waiting quite a while and was feeling tired when the staff person asked if I would like to sit down somewhere.  I thought it might be worthwhile to go to the previous store where I had done some shopping.  The same amazing woman walked me to customer service where I left my shopping cart and said I could just come back there and wait when ready.
I was only gone for a couple of minutes and was able to tell them I had found my wallet.  I was so relieved I felt like crying.  Where was it?  In a bag with my groceries.  I have no idea why I put it there and could hardly believe it when I saw it.
I tell you all this not to showcase the fact that I am addle headed sometimes but to give credit to the store and employees.  They all treated me with great courtesy and concern.
A+ to Huntsville, Ontario Walmart.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. So very glad your trip to Walmart ended up being positive! Totally scary/upsetting/stressful to think you have lost your wallet! I no longer usually carry a purse...I have a holder stuck on the back side on my cell phone where I carry a couple of credit cards and my driver's license. Nice of you to give kudos to the great employees of the Huntsville, Ontario Walmart - everyone needs to know when they are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete