Friday, October 19, 2018

More Chickens

Farm Quilter commented on how fortunate we are with the advances in medicine that we are have seen in our time.  It is so true.  When I think back to the diseases that have been eradicated in my life time, I am surprised at how much has been done in a relatively short time.  I remember photos of people encased in what was known as the 'iron lung'.  It was the only treatment for polio.  And now it has gone the way of the black plague and other diseases.
Today was the first time this week that I didn't have to be anywhere.  I expected to get a lot of quilting done but most of the time, I am ashamed to admit, was spent playing computer games.  I did get my spring bulbs transferred and new ones planted and gathered up all the lawn ornaments.  They are now in a filled to overflowing wheelbarrow waiting to be placed in their winter home.
I spent quite a bit of time copying photos so they can be added to my customer's quilt.  I love seeing these mementos of someone's life; especially the wedding pictures.
Tomorrow, our nephew is bringing over three chickens that they don't want to keep over the winter.  They are still laying so the eggs will be welcome.
Enjoy the weekend.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Yay for three free chickens that are laying!! Nothing better than fresh eggs from the backyard. Two of my quilting buddies in England have chickens in their backyards and when I was visiting I got to collect the eggs every morning...it was so much fun, but I was certainly glad none of their chickens were willing to defend their eggs! Good job getting your spring bulbs transferred - that is one big job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVery day I am thankful for modern medicine....

    ReplyDelete