Monday, October 22, 2018

Election Day-Did you Vote?

We had our first real snow on the weekend.  It didn't stay but a definite reminder to hurry up and get things ready for the season.  Our hydro was out for a bit on Sunday.  I went out around midnight and was back on my 10 a.m. so not a problem but long enough that I wasn't able to get to church.  Hubby and I did our devotions at home and we pretty much relaxed for the day.
I almost have my latest Island Batik project finished-just the border to add and then quilt.  Should be able to share it with you tomorrow or Wednesday.  I made a lot of wrong interpretations of the pattern but it has come out okay.
It is municipal election day here in Ontario so are now waiting to see who our members of council will be.  I don't expect much, if any, change in either our township or the village.
I am always amazed at how many people don't bother voting.  I simply don't understand why.  If you don't vote, you are leaving all your hopes for your community in the hands of other people.  It has not been that long that women were allowed to vote so I think it is especially important that we do.
Our three new chickens haven't fully adapted to their news homes yet so are being kept in a separate area until they feel more at home.
Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. I already voted in the American elections - we can vote early if we are not going to be in the area (which we aren't). Good luck finishing your Island Batik project - sounds like you made it work. Always important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted! Ours was a mail-in/drop-off ballot this time. Not a lot of change here with our council, whether that is good or bad? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always figure if I don't vote I have no right to whine or complain. Since I am not willing to run for office, voting is my way of expressing my opinion in the future of my community, county, state and country.

    ReplyDelete