Thursday, October 4, 2018

Another Top Done

I finished my quilt top today and will get it loaded on the frame for quilting after I write a few words.  I really like how it has turned out.  I am not sure how I will quilt it yet but I am leaning toward leaves or flowers as there are both on the top.
I was also able to Skype with my two sisters this afternoon.  It took a few minutes for us all to get connected but it was worth it.  Technology is wonderful when it works.  A real pain when it doesn't.
Once I have this quilt loaded, I am going to be starting the layout for a customer's memory quilt.  This is another double size so will take a bit to get each of the squares where they best suit.
When I was scrounging through all my fabric for a bit of fabric, the search included all the kits I have cut out.  I think I am going to have to set myself a goal of doing one of them at least once a quarter.  There are some I really like.  If I find that I am not crazy about others, I will just add my fabric back to my stash

Tomorrow I am getting my hair cut, decorating the church for thanksgiving and doing some scrounging in an old shed that a friend bought.  Maybe I will find a crank sewing machine.  Not likely but it would be nice.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment