Friday, October 26, 2018

Christmas Wall Hanging.




This month's Island Batik Challenge was to make something using any  paper piecing method.  I wanted to use up some of my scraps while making something that would be suitable for Christmas and an ornament laden tree was ideal.   The  pattern I used was from Carol Doak's book Easy Paper-Pieced Keepsake Quilts published by That Patchwork Place.
The paper pieced blocks finished at 4 inches which were a breeze after previously making some that were 3" and had  up to 24 pieces.
The ornaments were made from left over Christmas theme fabric from last years box and the tree and background fabric were more recent.  The green used in the tree and border are from the Birds and Bees* line.
I had so much fun making this wall hanging that I think I will do another.  I still have lots of scraps!.
Blessings, 
*All the fabric used in making this quilt was donated by Island Batik for my use.


2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I just found your blog and love what I see. I'm a quilter and a rancher's wife. Quilting is my passion but it's hay season here so no time for fun in the sewing room. I hope to visit your blog often. Until then, take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty tree 🎄Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete