Friday, July 11, 2014

Ants in the Feeder

Friday is my afternoon to myself.  Hubby is off playing euchre and I can puddle around at whatever I want.  Of course, that doesn't mean I am doing anything different than what I usually do.  I have been working at the quilt that is on the frame.  I am using a different quilting pattern and I am doing it for our local quilt group, the Burk's falls Village Quilter's, so am taking a great deal of care and time.  The top was made with batik fabrics so is very colourful.  I am using a variegated purple on the top and mid grey on the bottom to blend with the backing.  It is coming along nicely with no thread or tension issues.
I had to move the hummingbird feeder earlier as the ants were getting into it.  It is now hanging from the clothesline (had to get the laundry in first) so if any ants want to get into it, they have a long walk.
Hubby got started on sealing the roof to prevent a repeat of the roof leaks of last winter.  I have heard, variously, that it will be an easier season this time, shorter and less snow and that it will be the same as last year.  I expect it will be one or the other.  My dear one is trying to make sure we are prepared. 
I would like to get a decent battery or solar operated radio.  It is nice to be able to get weather reports when the hydro goes out as a result of a storm.
Have a great and safe weekend,
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment