Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Sound of Music

Life is good.  I went to Huntsville this morning for my eye test and all is well.  Don't have to get new glasses and there aren't any other problems.  From there I went to the Salvation Army Thrift Shop to donate a heavy garbage bag full of stuff.  While there, I thought I might as well pop in and see if there was anything I could use.  I checked out the clothes and saw that, as usual, the things I liked, didn't fit.  Then I wandered over to the other section and spotted a small stereo system.  It had a 3 CD deck with dual cassette player, AM/FM radio and a special FM antenna.  The later was important because it is sometimes hard to pick up a signal here with all the trees and rocks. 
The stereo we bought after moving here quit working and I have been in a bit of a fuss trying to find another.  Of course, everyone is into ipods and a lot of other things I don't really understand nor want to use, so it was hard to find a system. 
The one at the thrift shop was only $35.00.  I have it hooked up and it works perfectly.  I can, once more enjoy my music.  Life really is good!

Now all that is done, I am going to get back to my quilting.  I only have a bit more to do on the quilt that is on the frame, the hand quilting is finished on the Northern Lights panel so I should be able to finish both of them today.  Unless the hydro goes out.  We are on the edge of a storm. 
The hydro doesn't really go out as often as it probably seems from my writing but there is always the possibility.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment