Friday, December 6, 2013

Nativity Sets

Dog Gone Fun


 
 
 


This little wall hanging is made from preprinted blocks. Each are different. I love that the dogs look as though they are from a children's colouring book. I quilted the background fabric-which is dark green, in free hand bones. The sky is stippled in variegated blue thread.



I started my favourite part of Christmas preparation this morning: setting out the nativity sets.  I don't know how many I have any more as quite a few of them a very small.  Some of my favourites are: a tiny one from Cuba, one that is snowmen,  another of first nations complete with tent,  nesting dolls and one we had when I was a child.  This last one is a bit worse for wear but it always gets pride of place.
I would like to have glass set.  I do have a glass Mary and Jesus figurine but not all individual pieces.  Eventually, I would like to add sets that depict different countries.
 
I will take photos of some and post closer to Christmas.  It is nice to be able to set them all out so they are displayed properly.  I haven't been able to do that since moving to this home but now my husband has built my lovely large quilt room I have the space.
Blessings,


1 comment:

  1. I purchased a panel of dogs playing in the winter, similar, and decided to make place mats for a friend for Christmas. The ladies at the fabric store encouraged me to try this batting that is used for making microwave bags. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete