Thursday, December 5, 2013

Memories and a Free Pattern.

Do you decorate all at once or over a period of days?  I tend to be the latter.  My husband just bought in some more totes this morning and I have no idea what I will find when I open most of them.  I was missing our stockings, door wreaths and tree skirt so I knew that had to be another container.  I don't know where the other ones came from and, to tell you the truth, I am afraid to look.
I have always gone a bit overboard on decorating.  When my son was young, our Christmas started when we went to a nearby tree farm to get our perfect spruce or pine.  We would take the dog and a toboggan as well as a small saw and walk around and around the area until we spotted the right one.  Richard would cut it down while I took a photo.  When we got back home, we would have hot cocoa before getting our prize in its stand ready for decorating.
One year I was so busy that it got later and later into the season and we still hadn't got the tree.  I had two jobs at the time plus various other commitments and I just couldn't find a day to do it.  Finally, my son, who was in his mid teens by then, told me that he didn't mind if we dropped the tradition.  I got an artificial tree that year-second hand, if I remember correctly, and we didn't go again.  I missed it though and when I see the ads for tree farms on television I still think of the fun we had.  In my mind, it was that giant leap from him being a child to an adult.

I have a free pattern for you today as an early Christmas gift.  I saw a photo of a floor tile and drew it up in EQ so it isn't an original.  I think, however, it is a fun pattern and hope you enjoy making it.

It will be on my web site as well as the Free Pattern page of this blog.  Here is a photo of  a sample layout to pique your curiosity.
 
 
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment