Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hummingbirds and Quilts

Our hummingbird feeder has been especially busy the past few days.  We have four or five of the tiny creatures that are feeding, playing and hanging around the area.  They are always busy.  Once in a while they will sit for a few seconds on the feeder or a nearby branch but, usually, they are zipping off somewhere.  Occasionally, we will see them flying in a close group as though they are playing.  They are amazing little birds.
I took my log cabin from the frame yesterday and started removing threads and checking for areas that need redoing.  I am quite pleased with the result.  I thought, given the problems I was having with the machine, that there would be a lot of mistakes.  I guess I am getting pretty good at hidding them.
Last evening, while unpicking an area, my seam ripper came apart.  I have never had that happen before and wonder if it is mute protest over how much it gets used.
My husband is off again today.  This time to join his parent on a boat cruise on Lake Couchiching in Orillia.    He has had a busy week.
My sister phoned from Dawson in the Yukon Territory last night.  This small town has kept its 'gold rush days' period and Laura said it is just like stepping back in time.  The roads are dirt, sidewalks are planks and the buildings (which she said all lean into each other) are just as they were back when gold was being mined. She is truly having a trip of a lifetime.
I have to start thinking about the BOM for this month.  The fifteenth is on a Saturday so I will try and post for Monday.
blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment