Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Quilt Frame 11

Here is a photo of my Grace frame and the Juki.  I have the backing for the queen sized quilt loaded and, with my husband's help, will get the top and batting on latter this morning.  I am not sure how clearly you can see it but at the top of the frame is a spool of thread.  The spool holder was originally on the base but I think the long distance for the thread to travel contributed to shredding/breaking problems.  I put a bolt through an used hole and, voila, new spool holder.
As you can also see, I don't have a lot of room for the frame but if I have a choice between no room or no frame, I'll take the former.
I have been exchanging e mails with a new on line friend the last couple of days which has, again, reminded me to be grateful for what I have.
I mentioned in my last posting that Roger and I were going to the boat show on Saturday.  We actually ended up going for a drive through the beautiful Bala/Port Carling area and back through Bracebridge.  These communities are all part of the Muskoka's so the scenery was wonderful.  We stopped at Bracebridge and went for a walk along the main street.  We had Heidi (our wee dog) with us and she found all the people and new smells quite exciting.
I will be posting the next BOM on Thursday so don't forget to watch for it.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment