Thursday, July 15, 2010

July BOM

This month's block is called Ribbon Star.  I got it from a quilt calendar my husband bought me for Christmas. The patterns are buy Debby Kratovil and Jean Ann Wright.  There isn't anything on the box or patterns about copyright but I would still as that you give credit to these ladies when using the pattern.

For the center block you will need a 4 1/2" square of fabric. 
You will need :
2-4 7/8" squares of dark blue
4-4 7/8" of purple
2-4 7/8" of magneta
Place 2 of the purple squares on the blue
Lightly draw a line diagonally from one corner to the next and stitch 1/4" on either side of the line.  Cut on line and press open.
Place remaining purple on the magneta and repeat the previous step.
Sew the pieced blocks into rows and sew the rows together.

I almost have the green wedding quilt done.  Unfortunately, I didn't have the backing fabric tight enough in one section so have to do the rip it bit.  It is only the end of a row so not to bad.
We picked some of our raspberries this morning.  They are just starting to ripen so aren't very big yet.  We need rain.
Welcome to the new readers.  If you like what you see, please sign up as followers.  When I reach 50, I will have another special event.  Maybe a draw.
blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment