Wednesday, August 18, 2010

On Line Friends

I am too old to remember when chat lines, one line groups, facebook and all the other means of social networking started but, I do know they have enabled me to meet some interesting people.
When my husband and I were preparing to move to Ontario, I was trying to learn as much as I could about the quilt stores, groups etc in that province.  I only belonged to one on line group at that time and took particular notice of anyone who was a Canadian but particularly those from my soon-to-be-home Province.  I contacted a couple and exchanged a few e mails but one lady and I became friends. When we moved, she and I and our husbands arranged to meet.  Everyone got along and we have continue to stay in touch.
Yesterday, we went to visit her and her family at a resort near Huntsville.  I met her son, daughter, their respective partners and her wonderful three grandchildren.  We had a lovely visit, caught up on some news, exchanged quilting stories and enjoyed sitting by the lake and watching the children play.
It was a rather strange feeling being introduced to the family as, through our e mails, I already felt as though I knew them.
There are a number of ladies in other groups to which I belong that live reasonably close.  I am seriously thinking of organizing a get together somewhere for those who would  be interested.  It is always nice to be able to put a face to a name and, who knows, I could find another 'real time' friend.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment