Thursday, October 29, 2020

Who Me?

 I had to go to our lab yesterday for some blood work and as I was waiting to go through the covid test, a lady said to me "Aren't you the newspaper lad"?  I thought it was rather odd that she recognized me as I had on my mask and my column photo is quite a bit out of date.  Year's ago when I drove a city transit bus, I would sometimes have people recognize me even though I was out of uniform. My favourite instance was when I was in a quilt store some distance from where I live and I was asked if I was the Backwoods Quilter. I have also had the same question when at a quilt show as I was writing a quilt magazine column by that name at the time.

It is rather an odd feeling to be a very minor celebrity and it always catches me by surprise.  I can imagine if you were very well known and you were unable to shop, eat in a restaurant or do anything ordinary without being recognized it would be annoying.  Fortunately, it is highly unlikely I will ever get to that point.

I managed to keep my hands on my sewing machine today and got another border on my quilt plus two more passes on the frame quilt. I took some time off for Hubby, Heidi and I to go for a walk in the bush.  We didn't stay out very long as I didn't realize it had got so cold and I wasn't dressed properly.  Guess I really do need to get those winter clothes out of storage.  We are supposed to get snow on Saturday and the weatherman said it will probably stay on the ground.  It seems to always snow for Halloween.

Blessings,


2 comments:

  1. I was thinking the same thing about needing to get warmer clothing out for my walks. I had gloves this morning but I need a hat too and it might be time for a heavier coat. It still feels good to be outside though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quilt in your photo. I've made a couple like that myself. Feeling the urge to start another one soon!

    ReplyDelete