Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Chubby Birds

 Thank you, Angie, for your kind words.  I appreciate so much the feed back from my readers.

I am back to what passes for normal today.  I slept in well past a decent hour but I was coughing a lot
through the night and then we had a scare around 2 a.m.  I was awoken from the middle of a dream by persistent ringing noise.  At first I thought it was the phone or the alarm on the clock before finally realizing it was the smoke alarm.  Hubby was up as well and was trying to get it to stop while I searched to find the fire or smoke.  There wasn't anything anywhere and the alarm was turned off so, after a final check to make sure stove etc. was off, we went back to bed.  I was still concerned that I might have missed something so I left the bedroom light on and dozed on and off for a bit before turning it off and getting back to sleep.

I can't imagine what it must be like to be woken by that sound and finding a room full of smoke!

I brought my Brussel sprouts in today.  They still aren't very big but we will get a feed or two from them.  Next year, we will start them indoors.  It is so nice out today that hubby and I ate our lunch outside.  There is a warm breeze which feels like Spring. The sky, however, is telling us that either rain or snow is on the way.  We had birds flying all around our head taking turns at the feeders.  They have been particularly voracious this year and some are getting so chubby I am not sure how they fly.

This little guy has claimed the window feeder.

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Very cute bird. He looks happy! I enjoy birds in my yard as well. 🐦🦋 Have a good day. 🌻☀

    ReplyDelete