Friday, October 9, 2020

Rooster Still Missing

 I got my pickled beets made today and another loaf of my sourdough bread.  I think that may be the end of my preserving although I had planned on doing chili sauce.  I supposed I shouldn't say I am finished because hubby just brought all the pumpkins up to the house and they will have to be done.  I usually make some pumpkin butter and then cook and freeze the rest for cooking.  I have a great recipe for pumpkin soup that is my favourite for the winter.

If you have ever had a long break from quilting, you will know what I mean when I say that getting back to it just feels right.  This afternoon I ironed all the fabrics that I recently washed and then set aside the ones that are for my customer quilts.  I have been cutting 4.5 inch squares of two colours for half square triangles.  These are going to be the second border around the panel.  I changed my mind about the colour of the first border and one half of the HST so am not as far along as I might have been.

The sun was still shining today so Heidi and I went for a walk down to our pond and then through the bush.  I have been keeping an eye out of one of our missing chickens in case he is hiding out somewhere rather than having been caught by the fox.  One of the banties came back this morning so that was encouraging.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to all,

blessings,

1 comment: