Thursday, October 8, 2020

Red Marauder

 Tomorrow I am making my third loaf of sourdough bread.  The last batch turned out well and it is so nice to have a decent slice of bread for sandwiches and toast.  After tomorrows batch, I am going to try some adaptation and see how it works: adding cheese, or raisins, doubling the recipe are some of the things I want to try.

We had another fox incident.  A couple of nights ago we lost 2 chickens to  the red marauder.  Our young rooster has also disappeared but we hope that he is merely hiding somewhere.  This has happened before when the flock gets frightened.  One or more will hunker down somewhere and return a couple of days later.  The banty's usually take to the trees.

We are really hoping the rooster is okay as he is a beautiful bird and we were hoping he would be the start of some new pretty hens.


I was looking through some of my fall photos the other day and came across this one I took in 2012.  Love the contrast between my big burly hubby and tiny dog.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment