Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Walking in the Bush.

 Sometimes it pays to not get things done in a hurry.  I was almost finished my first customer quilt when I got a call asking if I could change it from a twin to double.  Fortunately, I was still adding the last border so it will be easy to enlarge.

We had a good pumpkin crop this year so we will be able to have lots of yummy desserts and soup.  Hubby cut them up yesterday, took out the innards and placed all the pieces in an our huge electric roast pan.  We let them cook until soft and then I removed the rind.  Today, I got it all pureed, made a double batch of pumpkin butter and froze the rest.  I was also going to make banana bread but didn't have enough flour.

I have been getting outside for a short walk every day (hip is preventing me from going to far) and little Heidi and I are really enjoying the fall smells.  She is very good on a leash and, although she would love to go dashing around, she slows down so I don't hurt myself.  Once in a while I let her run free and she just tears through the leaves with her ears flying in the wind.  Now that she is older, I can trust her to come back when I call.

Today as we were returning home, it started to snow.  It was very light so you could just feel a cold drop occasionally but it felt invigorating.  I must make an appointment to get my snow tires on.

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. We are so lucky to live in the countryside where we can walk freely. My dog, which came from a dense suburb in Ottawa, is so thankful to live in the woods now.

    ReplyDelete