Friday, October 2, 2020

Shopping Stress

 Follower Judy asked if I make my own sourdough starter.  I do, Judy.  I use the same one I had years ago but am doing it with gluten free flour.  I like the recipe that uses potato water as it is easier and doesn't involve as much waste.  My first loaf didn't turn out very well but it may have been because I cooked it in a toaster over instead of the regular one.  I will try again tomorrow.  There is a bit of trial and error when you are gluten free because you never know for sure how the ingredients are going to react or whether the cooking time needs adjusting.

I have started working on my 2 quilts commissioned by a customer.  I had a lot of trouble finding the fabric I needed but I think I have everything now.  Because they both use panels, I am going to be adding different types of borders around them.

I was beat yesterday.  We went grocery shopping late morning and it turned out to not be a good day.  One store was busy and didn't have enough check outs and the other already had a line up when I got there.  I decided to go to a store where I rarely shop.  I got most of the rest of the items there.  I will still have to go to our local store to finish up.  With the renewed covid scare, tourists are coming earlier in the week and staying later again.   This means line ups and empty shelves again.  I wish they would shop before travelling here.

We didn't get home until after one and it took half an hour to get everything put away.  Hubby made us a quick lunch and then we relaxed for the rest of the day.  We were both beat.  Probably from the stress.  In any case, I kept dozing off.  I felt a lot better today and got caught up on my work.  Tomorrow, I am going to stain the shelving unit hubby made and get it put where I want in.  And so ends another week.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment