Tuesday, September 29, 2020

The Best is Past.

 Our leaves are falling quickly and I am afraid that the best is over.  Of course, there are still many lovely spots south of us who will just be coming into peak time.

Hubby went to see his mother today and they had a nice visit.  It is hard to see your parent getting older but I feel that anyone who is able to see them during their waning years is very fortunate.  Because my mother lived in England, I never saw her before she died.  The last time I had been there was five years prior and, although we talked on the phone, it wasn't the same as being face to face and being able to hug her.  Whatever the situation, though, it is hard.

I did the first step toward making my sourdough bread today.  The ingredients are mixed and are now left to sit overnight and then can cook tomorrow.  One of the really great things about sourdough-besides the taste, is that you don't have to knead it.

I am slowly making progress on the quilt that is on the frame.  I have 12 more passes to do.  Each one is on a section approximately 4 inches square and is made up of 4 inch blocks.  I am quilting each one separately so it is taking a bit of time.

Blessings, 

1 comment:

  1. Did you make your own sourdough starter? I keep thinking I should start some. I did it years ago when our kids were still living here and I thought about doing it again during this Covid thing.

    ReplyDelete