Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Recommendation

We are getting warmer weather this week and the blue jays and chickadees are taking full advantage of the feeders.  Hubby is hoping to start tapping for maple syrup next week.  He wasn't going to do any this year but I encouraged (nagged) him into it with a promise to help.  With his knee being so painful, it will be hard on him to collect the sap from the buckets.  I can do that.  In fact, I can do a lot of the work as long as I don't have to sit there and stir.  I find it beyond boring but hubby, fortunately, enjoys it.
I have a book recommendation for you. I know you will find it helpful whether you have a domestic machine or long arm, are a newbie or experienced quilter.  It is called Organic Free-Motion Quilting Idea Book by Amanda Murphy.  It is published by Stash Books.
As the title indicates, it is information on free motion quilting but it is much more than that.  Each pattern is shown, in separate photos, from the first step, adding more stitches and the finished pattern.  The same design is shown in a triangle, square, sashing and border.
I only do free motion and have been wanting to sew some different designs and with this book, I am confident I can.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment