Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Measure Once. Buy Less

A happy discovery.  I was packing up all the pieces from my red and white quilt so everything would be together for when my needed fabric arrived.  The quilt was still laid out on my bed where I had been checking to make sure everything was correct and I decided I might as well measure it before storing.  I am glad I did because I found it was only 2 inches short on the width.  I am going to add a narrow (1.5") strip of white all around which will give the additional width plus holding the seams together while I quilt.  I will then do the binding in red.  I think I have enough of that on hand and, if not, I still have the shipment coming.
Yesterday, I was working on a dog coat.  A customer called to see if I would make a couple for her Ellie, a French bulldog.  Small projects like these are a nice break.  They should be done by Wed or Thur. and then I can get on to something else on my list.
If you are finding that having more time doesn't mean you are getting more things done, you may find that having a UFO or Bucket List might help.  If you send me an email, I will send you a copy of the one I use,
Stay well and healthy,
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment