Friday, February 28, 2020

MMMMM Wood Heat.

I forgot to show you a photo of what the finished lap mat looks like.  It is made using the same principal as the microwave bowls only, of course, larger.  (Thank you for the reminder, Farm Quilter)  If you want higher sides, increase the 2 inch high corner stitching to whatever depth you want i.e. 3"

It is still quite cold out today so I am staying in and quilting.  Also getting a bit of writing done   the woodstove is on so the house is nice and cosy.  It is funny that the heat from wood seems to be so different that propane or electric.  Probably my imagination but that doesn't matter.  It is still cosy.
It looks as though the cold temperature is going to last for a few more days and then it should be maple syrup making time-a sure signal that spring is on its way,
blessings,





1 comment:

  1. Love the lap mat!! Thanks for the picture because my brain just wasn't coming up with a finished picture!! I think wood heat is marvelous and I agree that it feels cozier than any other kind of heat. I miss having a wood burning stove for heat...had that for 11 years and totally loved it!

    ReplyDelete