Friday, March 27, 2020

Tomatoes from My Garden.

The weather was quite nice again today-it rained yesterday, so I took the dog for an extra long walk.  I had to stop a number of times but I blamed the dog as she wanted to reacquaint herself with all the smells that had accumulated since  last outing.
 These lovely little tomatoes came from our garden.  Our indoor garden in front of a south facing window.  I think I mentioned bringing a plant indoors in the fall and keeping it watered and fertilized.  We were quite pleased to see first some flowers and then little green tomatoes that gradually ripened into these delicacies.  There are more one their way.  We won't get much in the way of a crop but it has been a fun experiment.
Here is my red and white quilt.  I need to add one more row before it is done but, as it isn't wide enough, I will extend each row by one block.  I can't decide what colour to use for the binding-red? white? something else?  What would you do? I have had to order some more of the red so I can make the additional blocks.  Fortunately, the company still had it in stock.
I have almost completed my second pair of knitted socks so my Christmas gifts are starting to add up.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is looking great! I can't wait to see it finished. Personally I would use red for the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I am putting a narrow strip of white as a border but also to hold the stitches together.

    ReplyDelete