Friday, April 3, 2020

Staying Focused.

It is drizzling here and my poor hubby is outside boiling sap for maple syrup.  I mentioned that it might be best to shut it down and finish it later but he wants to get it done.
I have finished the top for my red and white quilt, henceforth known as Flying Home and it has been added to the others that need quilting.  I have another project that I will be working on as a birthday gift for our granddaughter but right now I want to make some covid masks.  I have a good pattern from fabricpatch.net that includes a lining which makes it much safer.  She provides the pattern and has really good videos that explain both the process and purpose.  They are well worth watching.  I am making the masks for those who have to be out side-letter carriers, police officers, as well as people working at drive through windows.  You might know a delivery person who would benefit.
I am finding it quite difficult remembering that, although we are isolating, other things are carrying on as normal.  Bills need to be paid, friends are having birthdays, babies are being born and all the other everyday events.  It is like being in a bubble while being surrounded by the real world (not that it is at the moment.)
We are getting a few signs of spring here in the back woods and I am looking forward to being able to plant my veggies and flowers.  Another normal activity that will help keep me focused.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment