Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Chicken and Fabric.

I had a great day yesterday going to some quilt stores and just relaxing.  It was a first time visit for one of the shops and, although it was hard to find and involved construction and traffic jams, it was worth it.  When I arrived, I found that they were having a half price sale because they had just got in a large shipment of new fabric. 
The second store was an old favourite and I bought a few more things there.  I had a discount coupon which saved me almost half off my bill.  My final destination was Thimbles and Things in Orillia which is a lovely store with great staff.  I didn't need anything more by that point but did get a small wall hanging kit.
The owner of this store made me feel quite the celebrity as she mentioned how much she liked the pattern I had published in Quilter's Connection.  Sue (the owner) is very good at remembering her customers by sight even though they might be someone like me who lives out of the area.
I went to bed early and had a good night sleep and then went to Huntsville to do our grocery shopping today.
Later in the afternoon, we herded (or tried ) our chickens into their new coop.  Chickens don't herd well so we had to capture the majority of them individually and carry them.  I managed to take a couple once my hubby caught them but I am not very good at that sort of thing.  I prefer making tea for my hero after he does the work.  They are all now safely moved and should be settling in.  We will probably have a reduction in egg output while they recover from the harrowing experience.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment