Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Power Outage

On Monday, I got a call saying that the hydro company was scheduling an outage from 9 to noon today.  So, this morning we had our showers early, filled a pot with water for the toilets, left off the computer and dishwasher.  Then we went outside to put up the Christmas lights.
I came back in an hour or so later and, as we still had power, made us mugs of hot chocolate.  Then as noon approached, I made lunch.  It seems a strange thing to say, but as we were all prepared to have no power, it was mildly irritating to have it stay on.
I put the computer on after lunch and washed the dishes.  After taking the dog for a walk, I sat down to design a quilt block that had been buzzing around in my head.  I was using the computer software program, EQ and, although it wasn't easy, I was making some progress.  Then, you guessed it, the power went out.  It was now 3 p.m.  It did click back on almost right away but I had lost my design.  Maybe I will try again tomorrow or just sketch it out on paper.
First I was irritated because the hydro didn't go out and then I was irritated because it did.  No pleasing some folk is there!
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Just like delivery people, you can't trust utility companies to come when they say! LOL
    Hope you can recreate your design, I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete