Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ouch

Yesterday was a bad day for my aging joints.  My right hand, left ankle, right knee and neck hurt all day.  It has been quite damp but I think it is just the change of seasons that is bothering me.  I go through the same thing when we go from spring to summer.
In any case, I did get more work done on my quilt.  I just have three more blocks to make.  Each block has four different fabrics and, as I have not repeated any choices, it is getting a bit more challenging.  To add to the difficulty, each block has a theme i.e. colour or pattern.  This is a great stash buster pattern and I hope that those who buy the book will find it a fun project.
I started adding some of the sashing yesterday to give myself a mental break.  I am not sure if I will be able to do all the strips in the same fabric.  I have set myself a goal of using only what I have which shouldn't be a problem.  I certainly have lots of fabric, but as you know if you quilt, it isn't always the amount of fabric but the yardage in each bit.
We still haven't caught our last mousie.  Haven't seen any signs but I am sure he is still around.  Going into the village today to buy another product. Tomorrow I bake again.  My other sister is here from England and we are having a family get together on Sat.  I bring the buns. I am the bread lady in our family!
By the way, here is a very simple dessert.  Premade graham cracker crust, jar of jam, packaged pudding.  Spread jam evenly over the pie crust.  Swirl vanilla pudding over the top. I used my home made jam but any of the berry type bought ones would do-medium to large jar. The pudding was the type that comes in individual cups for lunches.  One was sufficient.  If you use no sugar added jam, this is a fairly low cal. desert.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment