Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Rainy Day

Yesterday sort of got away on me.  We went to Huntsville in the morning to shop and meet with my friend Carol.  It was almost time for lunch when Carol phoned to say she was at her appointment but feeling ill and could we come and get her.  I am so glad we were there for her as she lives an hour and a half from Huntsville and wasn't in any shape to drive.  We took her to a restaurant for a bowl of soup and she was able to reach her husband. Then, with me driving her car and my husband following in ours, we drove to where she would meet her husband. It was a lovely day and, if it wasn't for the reason, a nice drive.
We finished our shopping and went home.  I was, of course, concerned about Carol and really couldn't settle down to doing anything for the rest of the day.
Today, I woke to a lovely sunrise; one of the benefits of having a south easterly facing bedroom window but showers were predicted.  I was able to take the dog for a walk and get in the days firewood before it started to rain.  I need to spend the day making costumes for our parade float.  The number of little shepherds has changed from none to eight so I am glad I bought extra fabric yesterday. It will be a good day to stay in and sew.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment