Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Mystery Quilt





It is a lovely, crisp day here in the woods.  The sun is shining and there is a bit of frost on the ground.  I had to put on my winter coat when I took Heidi for a walk although I didn't need a sweater under it.  Silly as it may sound, I love the look of the leafless trees against the sky.  I can see all their tiny, spiderlike branches that are normally hidden as well as the birds who stop to rest from their continuous search for food. 
Our wood pile is getting bigger although Roger is spending most of his time now in hunting.    We will soon have to think seriously about removing snow from our driveway but the forecast tells us that we don't have to worry about it right away.
I have been spending my free time getting ready for the craft sale this Saturday.  I have completed the mystery quilt and am doing some touch up work on other projects.  This is the first time I have entered this sale so am not sure what the customers will be looking for.  Sometimes the only sales you make at these events are from the other vendors who walk around the tables while waiting for the customers who have gone somewhere else.  This sale has been held for a number of years so that tells me it must be successful.
The photo that you see  is my version of the mystery quilt.  I decided not to do the kitties around the border because I couldn't find my white marker pen.  I think I may do this pattern again but make it larger.  I am looking forward to seeing your project.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment