Thursday, March 31, 2022

April Fool's Weather!!

 What an odd weather day.  Last night we got freezing rain and everything was as slick as any skating rink.  Poor Heidi even had problems going to the bathroom as her legs kept sliding.  At one point, she had trouble getting back up the deck steps so I had to spread a towel and rug on it so I could get to her.  This morning it hadn't improved.  I had a doctor's appointment in our nearest town but by the time I was to leave, everything was still icy-especially our driveway and its steep downgrade.  I called the office and changed the appointment.

Things gradually improved as the morning went on but now (just before 2 p.m.) the sky has darkened and my headache tells me we are going to get another weather 'event'.  I am sure April Fools isn't until tomorrow!

I spent my morning getting rid of some excess items (I have 3 irons) and discarding things I am never going to use (an old machine head that weighs more than an anchor).  I then started on a top that was put together by a lady in the Burk's Falls Village Quilter's.  I cut fabric for the border and found some that will do for the back.  I will get it on the frame tomorrow.  It will be donated to a local children's charity.

And now I have some writing to do.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment