Thursday, March 17, 2022

Mud Season

 While cleaning my studio,  I have also been focusing on downsizing my UFO's. I have been taking things I no longer want and never really needed to group and then donating what is left to a charity. I am not being morbid but the reality is that I am past 75 and, unless I am active well into my 100's, I will never get everything finished. On the plus side, there are many new quilters who can benefit from my flotsam.

 Today we went into town for shopping and, on the way, we saw a lone geese flying above the tree tops.  Another definite signs of spring .  Hubby has started gathering maple sap which started running late last week, The snow is melting,  squirrels are exploring and dog droppings are appearing in the everywhere. It was warm enough today to go without a winter coat but I chose to wear a t shirt under mine so I wasn't too warm.  I did remember to wear green in honour of St. Patrick's day and painted my nails a sparkly shade to match.  I have some Irish on my father's side but I don't do the big celebrating thing.

One of the downsides of spring is that Heidi gets absolutely soaked when we go for our walk.  She is so low to the ground that her belly and chest is just as damp as her feet.  I am looking forward to mud season which comes next.

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I recently read an article about Swedish Death Cleaning. It's not as morbid as it sounds! The idea is, do you want your loved ones to have to deal with your crap when you are gone? I've made a plan to get my stuff sorted and disposed of. MY goodness!
    My yellow Labrador gets disgustingly dirty on our walks. We keep a few sticks in the front porch which we throw into the snow for her to wade through and get cleaned up. If I had a wee thing I'd probably be washing it in the laundry sink just inside the door.

    ReplyDelete