Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Coughing and Sneezing.

I am just recovering from a head cold that had me coughing, sneezing and blowing all last week. It started with a sore throat and headache which caused some concern,  I have the home Covid test kits so I did that and it came out with a negative which was a relief.
My birthday was on Friday and three of my friends took me out for a lovely celebration.  We went to a fabric store (they gave me a gift certificate) bought my lunch and then gifted me with some thoughtful and lovely presents. There was even a cake.  I came home feeling thorought.ly spoiled.
Yesterday at quilt group, one of the members demonstrated a pattern that she had been making.  She had shared a number of the tops she had made using this method a few weeks ago and we were all so impressed that she promised to show us how to do it.  I am looking forward to making one myself now.  I will try and write down the steps so I can share.  I did tape the lesson but the audio wasn't very good.
I was hoping to get outside tomorrow and rake the lawn but the weather report says rain for the rest of the week.  Hubby is trying to cook his maple sap and rain won't help him either.
I finished putting the borders on a top that will be given to a charity.  It took me longer to finish the last half of the last strip than it did for the other three sides.  First my machine started acting up so I had to switch to another.  The top thread on this one had got tangled around a pin cushion that I have on the arm.  That got sorted out and needle threaded, sewed a few inches and the bobbin ran out. Sometimes you just have to persevere!
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. my friend Marley and i were both sicker than dogs two weeks ago. our tests consistently showed negative. My daughter on the other hand, tested positive, but had no symptoms. She said the only thing she noticed was diminished smell and taste. the health unit says don't trust negative results but be assured of positive. Doesn't make sense does it?

    ReplyDelete