Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Go Jays!

 

Baseball season has started so I better get some hand sewing projects ready.  Actually, I am finally finishing a top I started years ago.  It is hand appliqued so that will keep me going for a bit.  Hubby and I are avid Blue Jay fans and rarely miss a televised game.  If it is the day time, I will listen while I work.  If in the evening, I sit and quilt.

I was making great headway on finishing the Little Prince quilt and then realized the backing fabric was going to run out.  I had the customer bring all the fabric left over and cut enough 5.5 in blocks from two fabrics to finish.  I sewed the squares together in alternating colours and did the opposite arrangement for the second row so it made a checkerboard.  I am just ready to sew that on, reload the quilt and finish.

I like doing pieced backings.  Not only does it use up fabric but it is also more interesting that just one piece of fabric.  

It is quite cool today although the temperature is above freezing.  We still have our wood stove on so it is nice and cozy indoors.  I think I might start a large pot of chili.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment