Tuesday, November 6, 2018

One Quilt Done, Another Almost Done

We have been getting quite a bit of rain the past few days.  That combines with lack of sunshine is making for some dreary days.  However, It is cheerful indoors with the wood fire making everything cozy.  I had yet another medical appointment today but was home by lunch so have been able to get a bit of quilting done.  I have almost finished the memory quilt top so have brought out the fabric for the TShirt quilt.  While I am working on those projects, I have loaded a top onto the frame so I can be doing a row or two on it in between cutting our blocks.
I don't think I am going to be able to get all the projects done before Christmas but the ones that I promised will be.
This photo is a section of the memory quilt.  As you can see, there are a lot of velour fabrics as well as others that aren't cotton.  I offset the squares to give a bit of interest.  The one dark square on the left, second last row was cut from the top centre of the clothing so it has a zipper and some decorative stitching.  I did that with a number of blocks.  A little harder to work with but I like to include unusual blocks that will also remind the customer of their loved one wearing that article of clothing.
Tomorrow I deliver a completed quilt so can mark that one off the list.
I have a pattern idea buzzing around in my head using log cabin blocks.  Hope to have a chance to work that out and make it.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. That's a great memory quilt! I like to include pockets, too - just another fun touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great memory quilt! By offsetting the rows, you not only added interest but you eliminated bulk in the seams of the non-quilting fabric...brilliant idea!!!

    ReplyDelete