Wednesday, January 31, 2018

My Colours Swing

Early in my quilting experience, I bought a book called Color for the Terrified Quilter by Ionne McCauley and Sharon Pederson, Martingdale and Co Press.  I can't say that it did make me less terrified but it helped.  I was further assisted when I started making scrappy quilts and completely freed from any inhibitions when I was accepted as an Island Batik Ambassador. Having a restricted amount of fabrics with which to work, enables you to become a lot more adventuresome.  
The use of colour in its many forms can cause many quilters to restrict themselves to safe combinations such as just two hues or purchasing what the pattern designer recommends.  Both acceptable options but not very adventuresome.
There are many books and on line tutorials explaining such confusing terms as value and intensity but I recently saw a video that showed the motion and mood of a colour.  You may know that blue is soothing but what about green or orange.
I have attached a link to the video so you can check it out.  It is easy to understand and may encourage you to add some swing to your quilts.  When the video loads, click on movies.
Blessings,




http://www.mariaclaudiacortes.com/colors/Colors.html

No comments:

Post a Comment