Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Being Productive

Today was the second day of my web course.  We are doing orientation at the moment and I have already learnt 3 new things.  Tomorrow we start our first  lesson without an instructor.  I do prefer this as I like to search out answers myself.  I find that I retain facts better that way.
Today was also when I Skype with my sisters and get a phone call from my son so it is a day of various forms of communication.
The batik quilt is almost done.  There is just a bit more of the binding to sew and it will be ready for my blog hop post on the 28th.  I have two more quilts nearly ready to go onto the frame so 2018 is starting out productively.  (Wasn't sure if that was a word but spell check hasn't argued with me so I must be okay.)
The snow was really crispy when I went out to feed the chickens this morning.  Freezing rain had fallen yesterday evening but, as we have a nice bit of snow, it just sank into it.  I carried some ashes  went I went just in case but once the crust was broken it was easy walking.
These warm rainy days feel like spring and that makes me feel sad.  I hate to think that winter would be over so early.  I feel as though I barely have had a chance to enjoy it yet.  I haven't snowshoed, walked around the pond or made a snowman.  I still want to do one of the trails at the Provincial park near us and perhaps have an outdoor fire and roast some wieners on a stick.
I expect we have a few more weeks before spring does arrive but I had better start scheduling some of those activities or it will be too late.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment