Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Dear Friends.

I had a nice day visiting with a dear friend.  She and I have known each other for over 40 years and even after I moved to Alberta, I always made a point of seeing her if we drove to Ontario.  She, like all of us, is getting older so seeing her is both a chance to revisit the past while being aware that there is much less future.
Another old friend happened to be there today as well so there was a different spoke in the wheel of remembrances.
Earlier, I went to a small store that sold craft supplies including quilt fabric.  It is, unfortunately, closing.  I was bought some fabric and a couple of notions at a good price.  It is always nice to get a bargain but am sorry to know that it won't be carrying on.  It is hard for a business in a small community to survive and the owners of this one operated it more as a hobby than a profit making venture.
It is important that we support quilt stores as much as possible.  I do buy a lot on line but try to get to the store closest to me approx. every six weeks even if it is for a small purchase.
My little fruit bowl cover has got a lot of positive response.  If you didn't read yesterday's post, take a look.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment