Friday, August 29, 2014

Close to Home

What are you doing for the long weekend? I think a lot of people are staying close to home this year or, at least, in their own province.   I was in the grocery store this morning to pick up a couple of things and there was on two parking places left.  The store was full of tourists.  So many arrive Thursday night now that even getting to the stores early on Friday doesn't guarantee it won't be packed.  I am glad for the businesses that this has been a busy summer for them.  Even though the busiest time is over, the visitors will continue for a while as we get into the autumn colours.

I have been working on my flying geese.  The sections are being sewn into rows and the rows will become borders.  It is slower than just adding strips but does add more interest.  I find I don't dislike making them as much as I thought I would.  I am using the 'no waste' method and it is easy to group piece the steps.
Have a safe and happy weekend.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment