Friday, April 4, 2014

That Sinking Feeling

It is amazing how exhausting sewing can be.  I have been in the studio all day and am about half way through doing the borders.  On a positive side, I like the way it is turning out.
Sometimes when someone hires you to make a quilt for them, the colours and/or pattern are not something you would choose yourself.  I had this happen once and it really was work making the quilt.  The important thing was that the customer was pleased but, although I did my best for them, I still disliked the quilt.

My new internet service is working fine but slow. I am going to move up to the next level to get more space and so it will be much faster.  One of the most important things I was looking for was dependability and I seem to have got that.  With my former server, I was constantly having to move the router around to pick up the signal.  Often, it just didn't work.  When you are trying to run a business, that kind of service is the pits.

It has been raining here all day which is depleting the snow.  It is rather like Christmas gift opening time watching various things start to appear above the snow line.  Our little dog, who likes to find the high ground, is having a problem.  Small as she is, she keeps sinking.  I was waiting for her to make her way to the door yesterday and it was like watching someone who has had way to much alcohol to drink.  One leg would sink and she would lurch in that direction, gain her balance, walk a few steps and lurch in a different direction.  Once, both front feet sank and she went down to her jaw.  I am just waiting for all four feet to sink leaving her waiting for me to pull her out by her chain!
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment