The following was sent from an on line friend. It might be something you would like to copy and keep on your wall in case anyone thinks you quilt too much. Wonder if we could get the government to allow us to deduct our quilting costs from our taxable income as a 'medical expense'.
Quilting has several important health benefits:
- Quilting lowers your heart rate and blood pressure.
- Quilting helps you sleep better.
- Quilters have fewer colds and influenzas.
- Quilter’s wounds heal faster.
- Quilting gives you the time and space to think your own thoughts, to dream your own dreams, and to plan your life.
Quilting is about love and relationship. It is life-affirming and life-giving.
In short, quilting is therapy.
Dr. Susan Delaney Mech M.D.