Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Round up those Chickens.

My sister will be here in less than a week.  It will be so nice to have her and her husband here.  And then, very soon after their arrival, my other sister and her grandson will be arriving.  We can have a mini family reunion!
It is still lovely and cool here.  I should be able to finish quilting my top today and start on the binding. 
I have been thinking about designing some simple quilting patterns but will have to think about it for a bit longer.  I suspect that it is one of those things that look easier than it is.
I wish I had had my camera outside yesterday.  Our chickens decided to do walk about and wandered down the lane.  They were getting closer to the road when my husband decided to round them up.  Off he went in the ATV, circled back and herded them up the road.  Quite the sight.
We have started picking our raspberries.  I think we are going to get a good crop this year.  Our apple trees still aren't forthcoming so I think we are going to have to really fertilize them.  The tomatoes, on the other hand, are also going to give me a good supply.  I hope to make at least two batches of  chili sauce. The cabbage, cucumbers, zucchini and pumpkin are also showing signs of production.  It is going to be a busy fall.
I need to get the last steps of the mystery quilt posted.  Sorry that I am behind on this.  I seem to have been extra busy lately.  I will make a note to include it in Friday's blog.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment