Sunday, July 21, 2013

Another Quilter Amonst Us

Doesn't the cooler weather make you feel like getting outside and enjoying the day?  I am feeling human and energized again.  Yesterday, our nephew and his family came to spend some time with us and we are able to walk around the village and then go for a drive.  If it had been as hot as before, we probably would have kept indoors. As it was, we all kept wandering outside even after we got home.  The dogs were walked (they have a Scottie) chickens admired, blueberries picked as well as just sitting and talking.  A lovely day.
I also had some time to show Mary my quilts and how each was constructed of blocks.  She was soon able to find the block and identify some of them by name. After looking through a couple of my books and a magazine, she was hooked. I believe another quilter has been created.  She is already a very creative person and quite proficient on a sewing machine so do doubt she will be turning out masterpieces in a very short time.  I am looking forward to seeing her work and perhaps will be able to share some of it with you.
Husband and I just got back from church a while ago and I think we are going to be having a quiet day.  I will probably do a few more rows on the quilt that is on the frame and will need to get my project ready for tomorrows quilt group day.
Other than Monday, next week is a fairly quiet one.  My brother and his wife and coming over on the weekend to cut some trees as, despite the recent heat, we know that winter will arrive again.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment