Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Neglected Machine

I promise today I won't talk about fall fairs or my quilt studio that is being added to the house.
We are having another lovely post fall day and my husband is out on a motorcycle ride.  I have just finished some baking and plan on quilting for the rest of the day.
I have a small quilt on my long arm frame that has been just sitting there for a couple of weeks.  I am sure the machine will toss a thread snarl at me just to show how it feels about being neglected for so long.  So, after I finish writing this, I am going to open the studio window to let in some of the lovely cool air and get myself to the machine.  I would like to get it at least half done today.
I am also planning on doing some more work on the wedding quilt that I am making.  On the other hand, I may put together the blocks I have appliqued for my very first Baltimore album quilt.  The workmanship isn't very good but as I want to hand quilt it, it will be a good practice piece for that.  I haven't done any serious hand quilting and would like to finish my applique quilts that way.  There is a lady that lives in the area who would give me some lessons so I think I might contact her.
Like many people in North America, I am watching the news about hurricane Isaac and praying for the safety of the people who live in the affected areas.  I cannot imagine what it must be like to constantly have to face such devastation.  I much prefer our snow storms.
I am hoping to have a free pattern for you later in September when all the extra things are finished.
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment