Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Lovely Day in the Backwoods

We have had marvellous weather this weekend.  We sat outside on Saturday after our meal and Sunday afternoon I went down to the pond with the dog and my applique.  I sat and sewed for quite a while before the sun shifted and it got to hot.  The leaves where coming down all around me and it is amazing how noisy they can be when there isn't another sound.  I am looking forward to Roger getting a gazebo built there.  I can see that it will be one of my favourite places.
We had our Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday to make it easier for my brother and wife to get here.  When you live in a tourism area you have to think about traffic backups on holiday weekends.  We had a nice visit and went for a walk afterwards.  We almost had hamburger for dinner though.  I had planned on putting the turkey in the oven before 10 and I was working away on my computer when I suddenly realized it was nearly 11 and the turkey was still in the fridge.  I had a panicky few moments chasing the dog out of the way while I got the bird into the pan and in the oven.  Fortunately, it was a small turnkey and it was done by 2.  I guess it was a good thing I hadn't started earlier as it would have been overdone.
On Friday, I mentioned that my web contest was finished that Sat.  Of course, I was a week early.  If you would like to enter you have until this Saturday.  I hope my brain doesn't get any worse than this or I am really going to have to leave notes everywhere for everything.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment