Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A New Milestone

This little blog now has 25 followers.  I never thought when I started  last year that there would be so many people who would find my thoughts interesting enough to read.  I hope, in addition to sharing my world, that you have also enjoyed the patterns.  Thank you for sticking with me as I learn how to post blocks and patterns in a format that is easy to understand and use.  I am still going through the learning process but, hopefully, I am improving each week.
I appreciate, also, those of you who take time to share your comments.  They have frequently come at a time when I have felt discouraged.
And now, I would like to do something tangible to show my appreciation.  I would love to take you all on a cruise or, at least give you gift certificates but, as like you, finances often dictate actions, I will have to think more modestly.  I didn't expect to reach this goal so quickly so I will have to give myself some time to come up with something.  I will set myself the goal of Friday to make the announcement and Tuesday to post it.
And now to other stuff:  My thoughts have been with you who live in the Prairie provinces as you go through all the weather related challenges.
We are expecting thunder storms here in the backwood and it feels and looks as though we should be getting them soon.  The air (as my mother would say) feels close.
My thoughts are also with my sister and her husband as they are now enroute from England to Toronto.  We are not happy fliers in our family yet still seem to do it frequently.  I am looking forward to spending some time with Helen and Gra on Saturday along with  her son and daughter in law and their children.  I am hoping that our brother and his wife will also be able to join us.  When your family is so scattered, even a small gathering is wonderful. Do you have a family member you haven't spoken to recently?  This might be a good time to have a chat.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment